A group of 15000 scientists from 184 countries has issued a warning to humanity. They urge the masses to put significant public pressure on political leaders to take corrective actions and address top #environmental problems.
In the article, “World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice,” the scientists identified several trends that are causing “substantial and irreversible harm” to planet Earth. They included changing climate, #deforestation, loss of access to fresh water, and species extinctions. The article warns that these trends are severely threatening future human well-being and need immediate global attention.
Environmental Problems Worsen Over Last 25 Years
This report is the second of its kind. In 1992, the Union of Concerned Scientists, with over 1700 members, published the first warning. Since then, many environmental problems have significantly worsened.
The new report outlines the top 25-year global trends that are causing extensive environmental harm, as reported by ScienceDaily: • A 26 percent reduction in the amount of fresh water available per capita
• A drop in the harvest of wild-caught fish, despite an increase in fishing effort
• A 75 percent increase in the number of ocean dead zones
• A loss of nearly 300 million acres of forestland, much of it converted for agricultural uses
• Continuing significant increases in global carbon emissions and average temperatures
• A 35 percent rise in human population
• A collective 29 percent reduction in the numbers of mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds and fish
To calculate these trends, report authors, led by William Ripple of the College of Forestry at #OregonStateUniversity, employed data from multiple sources. These included government agencies, non-profits and independent researchers. The final report was published in the journal BioScience.
Ripple explains the goal of publishing the warning: 🖐🏾More in comments👇🏾#Agenda21 #Agenda2030 #SustainableDevelopment #ScientificDictatorship #Technocracy #PopulationControl #GeoEngineering #ClimateChange #GlobalWarming #WorldGovernance #NewWorldOrder #COP23 #ParisAccord