Agatha Obiageli Aghedo Memorial Foundation was founded 8yrs ago with the primary mission of assisting the less privileged in local communities here in Nigeria.
All our activities and interventions are aimed at alleviating their suffering and enhancing their integrity.
We run the #NoChildShouldBeLeftBehind campaign
Under this we have various projects
1. Quarterly outreach:here we visit different local communities and distribute relief items to all age groups.
2. Special needs advocacy: We run St.Agatha's (charity)special needs centre in Satellite town Lagos where angels with various impairments come daily for respite and therapy sessions. We say #DisabilityIsNotInability and advocate for their #InclusionNotIsolation especially for those families who cannot afford the cost of inclusive education . we also have awareness walks and events twice a year and presently planning the first wheel chair race in Lagos. We will appreciate more therapy materials and equipment to ease ASD, cerebral palsy, hudrocephalus,downsyndrome,
3. Prosperous Children Education Project:This was started 11 months ago at the Destitute home Ebutte Meta. This is a home to over 3000 displaced northerners who are predominantly lepers, crippled, blind.
There are over 1000 children on the home and have a mere 20% attend school . The project we initiated is to educate this children in their space. Irrespective of the filthy environment or tag as destitute and stigma they get.
We have also successfully integrated about 20 into the local school and have about 70more who attend adult evening school. There are a lot more who are now enthusiastic but we have no funding at all. We will appreciate furniture, writing materials, to enhance the project.
4. Tertiary education: We have successfully sponsored 2 youths through the University and have 4 more who are in school now.More support is needed.
5. Paediatric Intervention: We assist less privileged families with medical bills for their children. We currently have 2 children who need urgent heart surgery.
7years old with pulmonary hypertension / double outlet right ventricle
1.3months with downsyndrome and pulmonary hypertension