I see so many posts with the beautiful donuts people are eating and all the yummy chocolate and cookies that fit into people’s macros and I worry that, if new to the counting community you may get the wrong idea about what counting is. Or I guess, what counting can be!
Counting can be an empowering tool that teaches you, on an individual level, how food nourishes your body. Eating becomes intentional, you eat to reach goals, you eat for fuel and yes, you eat sweets from time to time because they taste good.
Counting is not about fitting in as many sugary sweets as possible and then filling in the holes with some protein. On the contrary, it is about fueling your body with energy and giving it the vitamins and minerals it needs and then yes, still eating sweets once we’ve done what we need to take care of our bodies.
Here is #ems1dayof7macromeals. It was a rewarding day! I got some veggies in, lots of protein, I used the @squareorganics for my treat and I devoured that bread bowl!!!
- Breakfast: 5 egg whites with 190g bell pepper, 20g spinach and 1/2 of an @aidellssausage
- A mint chocolate @idealfit protein with a @jojoschocolatebark
- 150g @siggisdairy vanilla yogurt, 160g cucumber slices & 85g carrots sprinkled with onion salt with 140g orange slices.
- A chocolate coconut @squareorganics
- My carrot soup inside an @panerabread bowl.
- 125g red grapes with 1 wedge @thelaughingcowusa
C:210 F:36 P:122