I was anxious this year when #best9 showed up again bc last year my most liked pics were mostly selfies. I struggled with it - and vowed to post fewer selfies in 2017... but here we are again. But each pic this year represents something, I hope, rather than just vanity. 2017 was a year of learning - I began the year as the manager of a small team that doubled to nearly 60 over the year, & taught me how to manage in the process. I learned how to get out of my heart, into my head, & make damn fine business decisions. Well before resolution time, I made a decision to holistically fight my body’s seeming desire to make cancer. I learned about love, friendship, how to maintain both, timing - mine & of the universe - and hope. Good and bad, this year taught me about being me. And I painted so much ❤️👩🏼🎨 And the pics you liked weren’t just selfies, they were (mostly) important selfies:
1. That look of combined relaxation and satisfaction when you finish a huge project 2 hours before deadline. One a Friday, no less.
2. Just a damn good hair day. Those need to be documented. 💁🏼♀️
3. Pearls for National Lung Cancer Awareness Day. Rest peacefully, dad.
4. My birthday, 2 weeks ago, where I admitted that I lie about my age 🤥😂
5. I wore red for #internationalwomensday2017 but I didn’t strike. I needed to work, and that’s okay. I didn’t shame those who striked - I held strong in my beliefs and handled my responsibilities. This year was enlightening on so many levels, and women’s issues were at the top - I have never felt more strong and badass as a woman than I did in 2017.
6. #nationalselfieday. I was grumpy.
7. Beer with my ride or die @looloopeep in St Louis. The most fun little weekend ❤️
8. The non selfie of the group - 108 of the kids my staff work with were adopted this year. I’m so proud of them for their dedication to this work. This was a teenager’s Adoption Day. What could be more important?
9. I spent most of Dec with a nasty respiratory infection that kept me home from work several days, & disrupted sleep like it was it’s job. I’m still not completely over it. This was the last day before my 12 days off. I was ready.
So bring it, #2018. After 2017, IM READY.