On November 18, 1860 in Kuryłówka in Podolia, in the then Russian partition he was born Ignacy Jan Paderewski, pianist, composer, social activist and statesman who, in the name of Poland, the Treaty of Versailles. He has performed in many countries around the world. He wrote, among others, the symphony in B minor "Polonia" (1907), which was created as a "patriotic homage to the homeland". On the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald, Paderewski founded the Grunwald Monument in Cracow. After World War I, he became involved in socio-political activities. In February 1915 he went to the United States and actively supported various initiatives for independent Poland. Paderewski personally reached out to President Thomas Woodrow Wilson, convincing him to support the Polish cause. He contributed to the fact that in January 8, 1918, the message of the President of the United States to the Congress included a point concerning the reconstruction of independent Poland. Paderewski also played an important role in the adoption of the June 3, 1918 declaration in which Britain, France and Italy recognized the emergence of a united and free Poland as a condition for a just and lasting peace in Europe. December 26, 1918 he arrived in Poznan. His visit triggered a great patriotic manifestation in the city, contributing to the outbreak of the Wielkopolska Uprising. January 16, 1919 Head of State Józef Piłsudski appointed Ignacy Paderwski as President of the Council of Ministers and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Polish delegate to the Paris Peace Conference. June 28, 1919 Paderewski signed the Treaty of Versailles on behalf of Poland. He resigned as Prime Minister on December 9, 1919. In January 1920 he went to Switzerland. After the outbreak of World War II, he took over the chairmanship of the National Council of France in December 1939. In August 1940 Paderewski went to the United States to seek help again for Poland. Ignacy Jan Paderewski died on June 29, 1941 in New York. He was buried at the Arlington Military Cemetery in Washington. In 1992 his ashes were brought to Poland and deposited in the Arch. John in Warsaw.