Very cool announcement by CrossFit!!
Six-time #CrossFitGames athlete and full-time fourth grade teacher @ValVoboril in The Pool at the 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games.
@CrossFitTraining is proud to introduce the CrossFit Specialty Course: Educators, a continuing-education opportunity designed to inform, inspire, and outfit classroom teachers with tools to implement @CrossFit methodology to K-12 students in an age-appropriate way. This two-day course combines elemental information from the CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course and the CrossFit Specialty Course: Kids to provide both a foundational knowledge of #CrossFit and a framework for teaching students how to move well, increase their fitness, and facilitate effective learning throughout the school day. The course is hosted on campus to allow a large number of staff within the school district to participate and can be specifically structured to focus on either the elementary/middle-school or middle/high-school levels in order to provide the most thorough and relevant information to particular participant needs.
Upon completion of this course the teacher will understand:
* Scientific principles supporting the CrossFit prescription as it applies to all age groups.
* Age-appropriate teaching, cueing, and correcting of CrossFit’s foundational movements.
* How to safely and effectively implement a weightlifting program with young athletes.
* How to discuss nutritional concepts with students in a way that supports educated decisions about food.
* How to design lesson plans that will meet the developmental needs of students of different ages and abilities, as well as align with National Physical Education standards.
Visit training.crossfit.com for more information. LINK IN BIO. #TBT #Teachers 📷 @MichaelBrianPhoto #swimwod #barmuscleup #greatsmile #fitteachers #fitstudents #crossfitkids #michaelbrianphoto