Staying grounded during the holiday season is easier said than done. Deadlines, finances, gift giving, even being surrounded by sugar can make us feel flighty AF.
Even when we don’t necessarily realize it all, until it’s dark and the question of “Where did time go?” Some things I’ve found useful to help keep me grounded during these weeks... 1. Wake up earlier and spend the first hour doing something entirely for you. No phone, no emails, no to-do list. Just you.
2. Go out in nature. Even a walk around the block can do your body and mind good.
3. On the edge of freaking the F out? Get out of your seat, blast your favorite gangster song & dance like crazy to make yourself laugh.
4. Eat good mood food. There’s a reason sugar makes you feel anxious and stressed. Aim for healthy fats & fresh foods. Fats actually help fire your mitochondria aka the energy powerhouses of your cells.
5. Reconnect throughout the day. Step away from work or whatever you’re doing and breathe. Remember you’re a living breathing human, sometimes we often forget.
6. Call up a loved one. Laugh & reminisce.
7. Walk barefoot more.
8. Organize and clean your surroundings. We are a reflection of the environment that we live in.
9. Craft something. Whoever said homemade gifts aren’t awesome?
10. Bring back the old to-do list. Make it pretty and fun & get excited when you make little check marks next to things.