Cold and wet west-
coast fall day calls for a hearty, warm and comforting pot of soup. And who doesn't love a good chowder, especially when it's good for you. Creamy coconut and almond milk replaces the usual heavy cream. And the local BC potatoes give it such a hearty texture. You can use fresh or frozen corn, either way have dinner ready in 30 min. Of course a nice baguette with a side of olives and cheese are the perfect finish! Who's in?!🌽 Corn Chowder
Servings: 5-6 bowls
Ingredients: • 1 large yellow onion – diced
• 3 garlic cloves – Chopped
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 cups frozen corn – thawed
• 3 cups chopped russet potatoes
• 1 medium red pepper – diced
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• ¼ cup almond flour
• ¼ cup almond milk
• 3 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In large pot heat the olive oil on medium and sauté the onion until it’s translucent.
2. Add the chopped garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, potatoes, red peppers, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft, for about 15 minutes.
3. Add the corn at this point and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Steam the almond milk and transfer it to a blender along with the coconut milk and the almond flour. Set aside!
5. Transfer 3 cups of the soup in to the same blender and blend until smooth. Transfer it back to the pot along with the almond flour mixture.
6. Adjust the taste by adding more salt or pepper/
7. Serve warm and garnish with extra cooked corn.
8. Enjoy! J