From @nphcda ・・・
August 1 - 7 are days set aside to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week and to highlight the benefits of #breastfeeding to 👶, parents 👨👩👧👦 and the nation. Join the conversation. #WBW2018
Breast milk is the best food for babies. It’s one of the most important ways of promoting the growth and development of infants and preventing them from getting infected from some of the common diseases that kill.
Benefits of Breastfeeding
To infants and young children:
• It is the perfect food for the baby as it contains all the baby needs for growth and development in the first 6 months and continues to provide nutrition up to 2 years and beyond.
• It is always clean
• It is always at the right temperature
• It is easy to digest
• It reduces the chances of developing infections, especially diarrhoea, respiratory tract infections
• It promotes optimum growth of the baby
• It promotes bonding between mother and baby
To the Mother:
• Reduces workload of the mother as she does not need to look for infant formula, water/firewood/kerosene & time to prepare baby’s food.
• Ability to feed the baby anywhere on demand as the breast is always available.
• Reduces risk of bleeding after childbirth.
To the family, community and Nation:
• Mothers and children are healthier; this reduces health care expenses leading to savings for the family, community and nation
• It improves child survival, reduces maternal deaths leading to better health indices for the country.
#SLNI #SilverLining #BreastfeedingChampions #Babies #First1000Days