You might want to check this out if you're interested in rearing goats in Nigeria!. .
The Kalahari Red goats are amongst the most craved goat breeds in Africa. Bred for meat purposes, they are distinctive and genetically special goat breeds originating from South Africa, like other high quality breeds such as the Savana and Boer.
The name emanated from their red coat and the Kalahari desert, which spans the border of Botswana, South Africa and Namibia.
* It contains a higher percentage of iron than its goat breeds
* The percentage of protein it possesses matches that of the beef, while also containing the least percentage of fat and saturated fat, when compared to other animals reared for meat purposes
* It is suitable for commercial farming purposes
* Skin from the Kalahari Red provides the best leather material for the tannery industries. This, if properly harnessed for international trade, has a great potential as a foreign exchange earner and can put Nigeria in an enviable position in the global leather industry
* They display wide-grazing capabilities, and can feed on various types of plants, grass and grains, when compared to sheep.
Read more on our website (link in bio).
Like, share and let us know your thoughts in the comments section 👇