This is the day I start my fourth decade of life. The same day I reflect on where I am and how far I’ve come. They say age is JUST a NUMBER and it is. It is the number that describes how long you’ve been alive. What is more important than that number is what you have learned in those number of years you’ve been here. This is what I’ve learned:
1. I’ve learned to listen very closely with my eyes
2. I’ve learned that a smart person knows what to say but a WISE person knows whether or not to say it
3. I’ve learned to no longer worry if I am liked by the people in the room, but to worry more about whether or NOT I like the people in the room
4. I’ve learned to be patient and kind not only to others but with myself
5. I’ve learned that life is about constant re-invention of self which comes from growth and a never ending learning curve
6. I’ve learned that no matter what or whom I was dealt that my integrity was what mattered and it should never be compromised
7. I’ve learned that God gives you what you need...Not what you want and that it will always help you GROW no matter how unfair it seems at the time
8. I’ve learned that not everyone will understand your journey and that is ok. As long as you do and your vision is clear nothing can stop you from getting you where you need to go
9. I’ve learned to just be as I am. No longer trying to please, no longer trying to fit in and no longer apologizing for ME. If I make someone uncomfortable that is their insecurity not mine. If I make someone feel less than I will not lower myself so they feel comfortable. I am me.
10. And lastly I’ve learned that true beauty is felt not seen. .
Each day is a lesson, each year is a blessing, each moment is an experience to gain from and I’m blessed to share this thing called life with amazing humans that share the same path and vision and love as I do. #happybirthdaytome #40years