What is a spiritual attack? A spiritual attack is a series of events coordinated by the demonic realm in order to abort promises, shipwreck faith, oppress a believer and stall out destiny.
The Bible tells us that the devil has various plots and schemes he uses against human beings. Many people wrongly assume that Satan is stupid, yet he has been studying the thoughts, actions and behavior of humanity since the beginning of time. He knows how to tempt people.
His minions are masters at pushing the right buttons at the right time! We must not be ignorant to the strategies of the enemy. We can not live our lives with our spiritual eyes shut. We must walk in the spirit and be aware of what is taking place around us.
How can you identify a spiritual attack? Here are six symptoms of an attack:
1. Lack of spiritual passion. The enemy comes to steal your tenacity for the things of God. Suddenly your prayer life seems stalled. Your commitment is tested and you can't seem to push though. You feel as though you are just going through the motions.
2. Extreme frustration. During a spiritual attack the enemy uses a variety of circumstances to oppress the mind and bring great frustration. A person who is under siege finds themselves on edge and anxious.
3. Confusion about purpose. During a spiritual attack there is often great confusion about spiritual direction. This is one of the chief goals of an attack, to get a believer out of destiny. That wrong move begins by bringing confusion.
4. Lack of peace. The enemy bombards the mind with various thoughts and ongoing temptation in order to rob peace. The mind becomes irritated and exhausted. The enemy does all that he can to bring mental fatigue.
5. Unusually sluggish and tired. A lack of energy and vitality are often the result of an extended attack. Certainly these issues can occur with natural problems, lack of sleep or health battles. In this case though, the root cause is the effect of prolonged spiritual battles.
6. Strong urge to quit assignment. Every believer is born with unique purpose. As God created a purpose for each believer, He also gave unique gifts and grace to fulfill that plan.