Scrumptious and colorful Easter egg cakes to wow up your holiday! You can't dye 'me but you sure can eat 'em! 🥚🐣🎨
Easter Egg Mini Cakes
- Pound cake, such as Sarah Lee
- Buttercream frosting, such as Betty Crocker
- Raspberry jam - Candy melts, pastel yellow, pink and green
1. Cut an egg shape from the lid of your poundcake, to use as a stencil for your mini cakes.
2. Slice your pound cake into two layers, horizontally.
3. Spread some jam onto the bottom layer of the cake, and top it with the top layer.
4. Using your cut out, cut three ‘eggs’ from the sandwiched cake.
5. Heat the buttercream icing until melted, in two 15-second increments, then let it cool just slightly.
6. Pour the icing over the cakes, and allow to set for 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, melt the candy melt colors in separate bowls.
8. Use the same cut out you used to shape the cakes, and cover one side of it in candy melt.
9. Pipe lines across the egg shape, in other colors of candy melt, and use a wooden skewer to marble the egg.
10. Allow the candy melt egg to set, and place it over a cake.
11. Repeat for the remaining cakes.