On Monday, this beautiful mamma had her birthday. And in honor of this, I wrote 70 reasons, one for each year of her life on this planet (in this life) that she is light on earth. ### just a sampling here: 1. Her love of life and ability to truly relish it.
2. Her ability to attract strangers to tell her their life stories (unsolicited) and then become best friends. Or not.
3. Her commitment to being the best Psychologist to whoever needs it whether it's official or just on the beach somewhere.
4. That sweet smile.
5. That style... 6. Her generosity with her time and love.
7. Her cooking abilities. Efficient and delicious.
8. Her warmth.
9. Her relatively new kinship with all the animals that surround il lago. She seems to have developed stories about all the swans, deer, birds. And they make perfect, beautiful sense.
10. Her painting!
11. Her worries. Just enough and not too much.
12. Her patience with all of us.
13. Her life philosophy. It has no label. It might have influences of Judaism, Catholicism, Buddhism. Whatever it is, it works.
14. She will jump in any body of water, at any time of the year, bathing suit optional. As my Aunt says, she was probably a mermaid in a past life.
15. Her knowledge. She has a lot of it, and it serves us all.
16. Her memory. Without it, T and all of
us, might be a little lost.
17. Her good sense of direction.
18. Her respect for her family and traditions.
19. How she has friends sprinkled all over the world and stays in touch with them.
20. Her ability to get ready in 10 minutes and look fresh, elegant and natural.
21. Her short stint as a "model" as a child for a local photography store in Levanto.
22. Her loving role as Nonna.
23. Her time working in a mental hospital in Germany... and all those stories.
24. Her determination to stay true to who she was under multiple moves from Italy to Germany to the US.
25. All the bread, pizza and polpette she made for us.
26. Her trust in me and my brother. Maybe sometimes too much, but now very appreciated.
27. Her smell. A combination of perfumes and nature essence.
28. The hugs.
29. The little red riding hood storytelling before bedtime. ...#sipsnacksweat