RISE UP IN PEACE || In the current political climate, we the people, are being urged to no longer sit in silence or apathy and rise up in peaceful resistance to uphold all the decent values that we hold dear in our hearts and makes us American. I have many friends and clients that are emotionally wiped as a result of the daily ongoings of keeping up with this new regime. Everyday at every turn is another alternate reality we must swallow. I know It is difficult not to react in an equally forceable negative reaction. We MUST resist and stand up for our brothers and sisters that need our voices now more than ever. However, our energy and spirit is precious and also must be protected, therefore I urge you to find positive and productive ways of fighting back that does not deplete you and can make a dent in this fight against injustice. Below are a few suggestions I recently came across that I found incredibly useful:
1. Don't use his name;
2. Remember this is a regime and he's not acting alone;
3. Do not argue with those who support him--it doesn't work;
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and mental state;
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow;
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk;
7. Support artists and the arts;
8. Use your money to vote. That's where it hurts them the most.
9. Take care of yourselves and spend time in self care, yoga, meditation, energy healings to stay grounded and sane.
10. Resist! Join a worthy organization that can help lead your efforts in a sustained and methodical way. I've tagged some amazing movements in the post for ur reference.
When you post or talk about him, don't assign his actions to him, assign them to "The Republican Administration," or "The Republicans." This will have several effects: the Republican legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don't like; he will not get the focus of attention he craves; Republican representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections. #unitedwestand #bethechange 📷 @erintelford__g