And she wore her scars as her best attire ⚡️
I look at the girl on the left & see a smile that was masking so much.
Twenty, was early days for me suffering an eating disorder that I kept hidden from everyone around me.
I was at law school, excelling in class during the week & getting drunk most weekends with my friends to escape from myself.
At the age of twenty my “plan” was to be a successful lawyer, married & starting a family by the time I was thirty.
I’ve been a lawyer. I’ve been married. I’ve been “successful” at many things that made me feel nothing before I begun doing what I do now.
The thirty year old me took a much different path to what I thought my life would take.
If I could share a little wisdom with the twenty year old me it would go something like this —
• Happiness doesn’t come from “things”. You’re responsible for creating happiness within yourself.
• You cannot “fix” people, only love & support them. When that becomes damaging to you, it’s time to go.
• Not everyone is like you, but treat people the way you would like to be treated, even when they do you wrong.
• You are strong enough to overcome anything — everything you need is already inside.
• If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you have always got.
• Put yourself first. You can’t pour from an empty cup, nor can you drink from one.
I’ve had some amazing memories over the last ten years but I am a different woman now & I am so ready for my next ten.
@karinaelle posted a quote yesterday. The second I read it, I knew that was the most important task ahead of me —
“It’s all about who you know, as long as that WHO is YOU”.
Right images: @tristanmanas.