We have just the right celihack to fulfill your fried green tomato craving (and it came at just the right time). See the recipe below:
4 slices Schär Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds Bread
8 ounces cream cheese
2 tbsp milk
1 pinch garlic powder
2 pinches paprika
1 tsp crushed red pepper
4 green tomatoes
1 cup rice flour
salt and pepper
To make the cream cheese filling:
1. Put the cream cheese and milk in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave for 45 seconds until warm.
2. Add the garlic powder, paprika, and crushed red pepper and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
To make the tomatoes:
1. Put the 10 Grains & Seeds Bread into a food processor and pulse until it's a crumb. Pile the crumbs on a plate and set aside.
2. Crack the eggs in a shallow dish and beat. Set aside.
3. Put the rice flour on its own plate and set aside.
4. Cut the tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick circular slices.
5. Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet so it’s 1/4 inch deep and heat over medium-high heat. The oil is hot enough to cook the tomatoes when a bread crumb is dropped into it and immediately floats to the surface with rapid bubbles (approx. 370 degrees F).
6. Coat both sides of a slice of tomato with the rice flour.
7. Dip both sides of the same slice into the egg and then dredge in breadcrumbs, coating both sides. Immediately put into pan. Repeat with another tomato slice.
8. Fill the skillet with tomatoes but do not overcrowd. Cook each tomato slice for two minutes on each side, until browned.
9. Set the cooked tomatoes on a rack to cool.
10. Spread cream cheese mixture on the top of one tomato slice and sandwich with another. Add another layer of cream cheese mixture and top with another tomato slice, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
#scharcelihack #scharglutenfree #celiac #celiacdisease #glutenfree