With Mothers Day tomorrow, I asked my Mum, Patsy (@PeeweeTeepees) if she would would write something for me, that I could could post to the @SamanthaWillsFoundation feed – I asked if she would write the 10 most important things she has taught me. Here is her reply. Happy Mothers Day to all the incredible Mum’s out there. You can read her full writings at @SamanthaWillsFoundation - SWx
----- 1. Always be kind, and generous. People will remember how you made them feel, go above & beyond to make them feel good. Leave people happier for being in your presence.
2. Be a good friend. In return you will have good friends
3. Go with your gut, its very rarely wrong ... and own your mistakes
4. Work hard
5. Never burn your bridges, you may need to cross them again.
6. Taste your words before you say them, they are powerful, and once something is said, you cannot unsay it.
7. Love wholeheartedly – Despite the break-ups, and heartaches that you will experience along the way, choose to wear your heart on your sleeve. Tell the ones you love that you love them often.
8. Stop and smell the roses, take time to have fun along the way
9. Never feel guilty for moving away from home, for travelling or going on an adventure
But come home to me every now and then, know I am here for you .. no matter what..always. I will ensure home is a safe haven for you and all who come with you.
10. Don’t gossip. Except with me. I love that stuff ..... ( and I can keep a secret )
I am so proud, & ever grateful that I am your Mother, what a journey we have had so far, & still more to come.
Love, Mum xxxx