Repost from @whole30recipes: 🍣 🍣 🍣
This SUSHI STYLE ROLL is a perfect example of how playing with your form/plating of your food can make a huge difference in how you experience it. You can take something that feels boring (maybe you’re tired of tuna/salmon salad with veggies at this point) and change the form and it’s a whole different experience! Recipe by @wholedailylife!
SUSHI STYLE ROLL:
-16 oz cauli rice
-1 tbsp oil of choice
-2 tbsp cashew butter
-3 tbsp coconut aminos, divided, plus more to taste
-nori sheets (check ingredients! @seasnax are @whole30approved!)
-smoked salmon (check your labels!)
-canned salmon (@uswellnessmeats and @safecatchfoods are my favorites)
-2 tbsp mayo (I use @primalkitchenfoods)
-thinly sliced carrot, cucumber, avocado
-toasted black sesame seeds (optional)
-1 tbsp fish sauce (I use @redboatfishsauce)
1. Toss your cauli rice with the oil and roast at 400 until starting to brown. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Mix together the cashew butter with 2 tbsp of the aminos, then add to the cauli rice and mix. Add additional aminos if needed, to taste.
3. Two options for protein: smoked salmon, or canned salmon mixed with some mayo and a splash of coconut aminos. I usually make some of each.
4. Lay your sheet of nori out on a cutting board and distribute a thin layer of cauli rice all over, leaving about 1” of nori exposed along one side. Add your veggies and protein in a line parallel to the exposed side, about 2/3 of the way away from it.
5. Roll it up! Start with the edge closer to your fillings, wrap it over the top of your fillings, and start rolling.
6. When you get close to the other side, use a wet finger to moisten the exposed nori, then roll closed.
7. Slice into pieces with a serrated knife, then garnish with sesame seeds.
8. Serve with sauce: 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp coconut aminos, and 2 tbsp water.
#whole30 #whole30approved #safecatch #safecatchfoods #whole30recipes #sustainablesushi #creative #yum #tasty