Pancakes aren't the only food you can stack 😜 Here are a batch of homemade
CHOC CHIP PEANUT BUTTER CLIF BARS I made using ingredients from @sprout_market and @pureplace vanilla protein powder! 🍫The result was pretty close flavour-wise, but texture wise
Was slightly more crispy than the original bars, but I found that they softened after a day or two 😋 If you are looking for a cheaper and healthier alternative to CLIF bars, you can give this a try! Here is the recipe --> Choc Chip Peanut butter ‘CLIF bars’
Serves: 8 – 12 (depending on the size of your bar)
½ cup of dates, pitted & soaked
¼ cup of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
¼ cup of almond mylk
Coconut oil – to coat your palms
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of rice bubbles
2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
¼ cup of vegan vanilla protein powder
1/3 cup of vegan dark chocolate chunks
1) Preheat the oven to 160 ℃ / 320 ℉. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2) In a small food processor/blender, blend together the dates, peanut butter, maple syrup and almond mylk until a creamy mixture forms
3) In a large bowl, combine the oats, rice bubbles, flaxseed, protein powder and chocolate chunks. Mix well.
4) Lightly oat your palms with coconut oil. Add the wet mixture to the dry and knead together until a ‘dough’ forms.
5) Spread the dough out in a large rectangle shape on the lined baking tray. Cut into smaller bars
6) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and crispy
7) Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
8)Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
Serving suggestions: dip it in your favourite nut butter!