This chicken salad is all kinds of magical. Like unicorns frolicking in a meadow magical. It's perfect for lunches; I just change what I put it in everytime I have it so I don't get bored. (ie. Stuff it into butter lettuce <shown>, stuff it into a bell pepper, put it over mixed greens)
BACON RANCH CHICKEN SALAD
What you need:
• 1 lb chicken breast, shredded or chopped*
• 3 pieces bacon, chopped
• 1/2 red onion, chopped
• 2 celery stalks, chopped
• 1/2 cup @tessemaes creamy ranch dressing
• OPTIONAL: cherry tomatoes, diced
What to do:
• Cut up your bacon and cook it in a skillet. Once done set aside into a bowl
• In the same skillet cook up your chicken. 5-7 min each side.
• While chicken is cooking, dice up red onion and celery and place in your bowl.
• Once chicken is done chop it up and add to bowl. Mix everything together. (At this point I like to put it in the fridge to let cool completely before I add in the ranch, but this is totally optional)
• Add in your ranch and mix it all up. Will last 4-5 days in an air tight container in your fridge. I add a dolop of ranch to "freshen" it up before I go to eat it if its been in the fridge for a couple days.
What do you guys like to have chicken salad with? My fave is cutting a bell pepper in half and stuffing the shiz outta it! #whole30 #whole30tothemax