10 tips for you who have a long way to go on your fitness journey:
1) consider this a lifetime investment. It’ll pay off over time the longer you work at it. Just like money on the bank won’t grow if you take them out and spend them, neither will you lose the bulge if you don’t consistently change your lifestyle to allow that shift.
2) learn nutrition and macronutrients. The more you know the better you’ll be able to manage grocery shopping like a fitness pro.
3) lift for size and lift for strength. Yes, I know, you feel like you’re too big and should just do light weights high reps and cardio, but don’t fall for that mind game! You need muscle mass to support your efforts to cut body fat. You did not gain fat from training and training will not make your fat cells hold on to their fat.
4) actively seek out and try different vegetables. They are the best carbs on earth for us who want to be lean. Are you one of those who hate veggies? Don’t hate the ones you never met! Never let one bad veggie experience ruin it for the rest.
5) use positive affirmations: you are strong, you have the power to change, you’re working hard etc. There is no need to reinforce “I’m fat” etc since it doesn’t make you happy and also, why focusing on that like you’re trying to stay fat? What you say you are, you stay.
6) get rid of negative “friends”. If they don’t want you healthy they’re not your friends.
7) have patience! If it took you ten years to gain 100 lbs, then allow at least 2 years to undo it.
8) write in a journal about how you feel, what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. Every day.
9) if you slip, get back on track: if you feel like giving up, ask yourself if that would make you succeed. Remind yourself everyone messes up now and then, but only those who keep going will win.
10) never feel like you’re alone in this or that something is wrong with you: food is seductive, high calorie refined food can be very addicting, and you’re a human, trained via evolution to never miss a calorie opportunity. Can you win? Sure! You can use your determination and drive. Those skills can be found in all of us if we truly want to succeed. #fighterdiet #fatloss #fitnessmotivation