I’m going to follow the lead of my favorite girl maker, Erin, the genius behind @kitchstudios and jump on the Friday introductions today. I’ve NEVER formally introduced myself on a Friday or any other day, so let’s start with this quick pic I just snapped of myself on the thruway en route to my house in #Chautauqua for the day. (And no worries, I’m not driving!) I’m Jennifer Kovach, the owner and primary furniture artist at Painted House. This is my fifth year in business, and I’m in the process of renovating my new location in Williamsville, which is equal parts elation and total exhaustion!
Random stuff about me: * Music is everything. All genres.
* I love summer concerts (obvi).
* I rearranged my bedroom weekly as child (likely how this all began).
* My house is mostly decorated with vintage finds; I only have a few things from my own shop!
* I consider many of my friends family. * Bold color > neutrals.
Animal lover. All of them. * I’m a retired award-winning journalist and I don’t miss it.
* Age 41. * I’m a gym rat but currently on hiatus due to a knee injury. * Coffee, wine, chocolate, green smoothies; sometimes craft beer. * Organ donor. * I have one sibling, an older sister; we are super different and it’s super awesome. * Fave movie — Almost Famous
* Fave author — F. Scott Fitzgerald
* Fave band — omg my head just exploded; can’t choose!
* Fave color — orange * Cats or dogs? Love both but dogs all the way. * Fave part of having a shop — talking to my customers about their DIY projects. * Fave gallery — Burchfield Penney * Fave artist — Marc Chagall * Kayaking, boating and I used to do synchronized swimming. * Furniture — #MCM but ask me again tomorrow, it changes. * What’s next for PH? More paint is on the way! (Well, duh!)