These are (just a few of) my confessions:
1. I don't know how to just be still. I always feel compelled to be doing something that needs to be done, (made, cleaned, fixed) that I don't know how to just sit and rest, relax, or enjoy anymore. I'm an extreme over-multitasker to my detriment.
2. Sometimes I set high expectations -- for myself, for events, for the weekend -- and then am often disappointed or frustrated when things don't go as I pictured.
3. I fall into the comparison trap sometimes. My weakness is comparing myself to fellow mothers who look amazing postpartum or who make better or faster progress than me. I get really hard on myself that I can't look like they do.
4. I have caught myself getting frustrated at my kids because they won't cooperate with a photo that I want to take to post on Instagram. I'm really ashamed about this one. 🙈
5. I am a pretty good momma most of the time but fall short in most of my other relationships. I could definitely be a better wife, daughter, sister, and friend.
6. I am terrible at responding to text messages, I always forget to respond to DMs (especially on Facebook), and I almost never talk on the phone. I don't know how mothers of small children manage a 5 minute phone call! 🤷🏼♀️ (like, HOW!?) I'm really excited to be a group discussion leader at the @bebonafide #letsgetrealevent on June 15th in LA. @bebonafide's mission is to encourage genuine and honest living in order to make social media a more realistic representation of our lives. They encourage us to let go, share our story, see others in a more relatable light and inspire each other to be self-loving and accepting.
Come celebrate what it means to be real in a media-saturated world. Yoga/mindfulness, speakers, dinner, group discussions, dessert, mini-concert by @callhercrystal, and bags full of swag valued at over $285! Leave with a new understanding of vulnerability and authenticity, and a community to lean on.
Head to @bebonafide to get your tickets! Get $30 off your ticket with code "chandra30" at check out. This code will only last for 48 hours. Hope to see you there!
#bebonafide #letsgetrealevent #battlefieldmotherhood #charlietakespictures