Keep cool: As temperatures rise across the state we've extended hours at many NY state parks' beaches and pools-- beginning today, July 19th and continuing through Friday, July 21st. #heatadvisory #swimming #nystateparks Locations: Mid-Hudson Region • Bear Mountain Pool is extending its swim hours until 6:30 p.m.
• Rockland Lake Pool will remain open until 6:45 p.m.
• Lake Welch Beach will remain open until 7 p.m.
• FDR State Park Pool will remain open until 6:30 p.m.
• Lake Taghkanic Beach will remain open until 7 p.m.
New York City
• Sprinklers will be added to Gantry Plaza State Park in Queens and East River State Park in Brooklyn
Long Island: The ocean beaches at Jones Beach, Robert Moses, Sunken Meadow, Hither Hills State Parks and the Jones Beach West Bathhouse Pool will remain open until 8 p.m. • Swimming along the Sound at Wildwood and Orient Beach will be extended until 7 p.m. • Montauk Downs State Park Pool will also remain open until 7 p.m.
Swimming may be affected by hazardous weather or changing water conditions. Please check our website, www.parks.ny.gov or call the park directly, to confirm availability.