Hearty chicken noodle soup. (Feel like I haven’t cooked in ages)😞
1. In a large pot add the water, #broth, #bayleaf, salt and pepper. If you are using dried thyme instead of fresh, rub the dried thyme between your fingers and add it to the pot. For those using fresh thyme, we will be adding it to the #chicken and noodle soup later.
2. Add #chicken to pot.
3. Add the #carrots, #celery and onions to the pot as well.
4. Bring the pot up to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
5. Once you verify the chicken is cooked, place the chicken in a large bowl to cool enough to handle. Remove and discard the bay leaf from the pot. Remove and discard any chicken scum or foam on the top of the soup using a large spoon.
6. Being #vegetables back to boil and add the #noodles.
7. While the noodles are boiling, use your hands to shred up the chicken in your bowl. Discard the bones.
8. Once the noodles have boiled for 5 minutes, stir in 1 1/2 cups of milk.
9. Add the all-purpose flour to an empty, medium-sized bowl.
10. Whisk together the remaining half a cup of milk with the flour until no clumps remain. This mixture will help the soup thicken up.
11. Stir the flour mixture into the #soup over medium heat until the soup thickens.
12. Finally,Once the soup is thick and bubbly, add the chicken, peas and thyme. Cook the chicken noodle soup for another minute or two, just enough so everything cooks through. Taste the chicken and noodle soup and add additional salt or pepper if needed. Serve. HAPPY ALMOST FRIDAY ❤️