Got protein donuts!?!? This makes for a great post workout treat 😍💪🏻 Thanks for sharing this recipe @brooke_keasler_ !!
1 c white whole wheat flor
1/2 c all purpose flour
2 scoops vanilla cupcake
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup almond breeze
1 egg white lightly beaten
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c strawberries
1/4 cup chopped strawberries
1 tbsp butter
1/2 scoop vanilla cupcake
2 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
3. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
4. Using a party bag or plastic bag with the tip cut off, pipe batter into donut pan filling each cavity about 2/3-3/4 full.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown
6. Remove pan from oven to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing donuts from pan.
7. Repeat with remaining batter
8. While donuts are cooling, prepare glaze
9. Mash strawberries into a pulp, add butter, and store in 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar. It may seem like the frosting isn't coming together, but keep stirring. Continue adding confectioner's sugar 1/4 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency. if you find that you added too much sugar, let it sit for a couple of minutes to allow the strawberries to juice or add a few more pieces of chopped strawberry.
10. Spread frosting on donuts. Serve and enjoy! 😍😍😍💪🏻💪🏻