Have you ever seen such a perfect burger? Would you have guessed this gargantuan burger is VEGETARIAN! Packed with delicious pumpkin, black beans, chipotle and avocado mash.
FOR THE BURGERS:
1 can black beans, drained
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce,
2 tbsp adobo sauce
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1.5 cups oats
1 tbsp Healthy Alternatives olive oil
FOR THE AVO MASH:
Juice from 1 lime
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup Healthy Alternatives Greek yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp adobo sauce
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1. In a large mixing bowl coarsely mash the beans with a fork, leaving some of the beans in. Add the pumpkin, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, green onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and eggs. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
2. For the oats you can leave them whole, chop them or pulse them in a food processor.
3. In the large mixing bowl with the beans add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the oats. Mix.
4. Roll your mixture into 6 even balls. Cup each ball in your hands and squeeze tightly, rotating the ball as you squeeze. Gently press the ball into a disc.
5. Transfer prepared burgers to a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6. For the Avo Spread- in a small bowl, mash together the avocado, lime juice and salt and pepper.
7. For the Chipotle Spread- in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate.
8. When ready to eat, pour 1-2 tbsp into a large skillet over med-high heat. When hot enough, gently transfer burger to your pan and cook for approx 4-5 min on each side.
#NaturesBasket #instafood #instagood #instayummy #yummy #burger #vegetarian #avocado #tasty #chipotle #dinner #lunch #food #recipe #recipes