5 random things I learned in New Zealand:
1. No need to wear makeup because the scenery’s prettier than you so just give up.
2. There’s signs that say Give Way, which I kept thinking was some nice reminder to be a giving person, but it’s actually the equivalent to a stop sign. 🤦🏽♀️
3. Kiwi accents are soft with their vowels and shift them. For example, bag pronounced “beg.” Also, as mostly a "non-rhotic" accent, the letter “R” is generally skipped. Park becomes “paak.”
4. Went to a couple gas stations in the north island where you pump your gas first then go pay after. Idk if that’s normal in most places or not as I stopped paying attention.
5. Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies were filmed in both North and South islands. North island is home to the movie set which has Hobbiton. South has other stuff which I’m not privy to yet.