11 surprising toddler facts you need to know
As you watch your little one blow out their first birthday candles, your baby is officially a toddler.
1. It is physically impossible for toddlers to leave the house without trying on at least three pairs of shoes.
2. It is also physically impossible for a toddler to sit in a car seat for longer than 15 minutes without falling asleep or asking for food or pooing.
And, if you’re lucky, you may get hit with the triple threat.
3. Toddlers are incapable of understanding some very simple concepts. Like sharing. And patience. And why we don’t pee all over the carpet or lick the dog.
4. Contrary to popular belief, “No” isn’t the phrase you will hear 8 gazillion times a day. You will most likely only hear “No” 7 gazillion times a day. So what trumps “No”?
5. Toddlers are mini food critics in disguise. They are put into your kitchen to critique your ability to cut sandwiches correctly or make a decent bowl of Weet-Bix. And they are not afraid to vocalise their opinions on their specific food standards.
6. Toddlers don’t feel hot and cold. Or, so it would seem by looking at their choices in attire. In a toddler’s world, a bathing suit is a perfectly acceptable outfit for a cold windy winter day.
7. Toddlers don’t really give a fig about whether they sleep in a cot or a big bed. Their preferred place to sleep is on top of your head. Or, as physically close to you as possible.
8. Toddlers have an uncanny ability to hide their nappies. One minute you have strapped a fresh nappy to their little butts. The next minute they are doing a nudie run through the house, with no nappy in sight.
9. Most toddlers can use both their right and left hands for different activities. A preference for one hand over the other usually doesn’t take shape until around the age of three.
10. Your toddler’s step count is literally off the charts. Ten thousand steps a day is the goal for healthy, active adults. But considering the average toddler .
#kids #mother #babymilk #milk #lagos #abuja #nigeria #monmartt #pregnancy #like #follow #onlinebabyshop #babyshoplagos #babyshopnigeria #babyshopnaija #baby #babies #diapers