PIE-PIH busters in my stash sans Vitamin C
🌞 Of course, sunscreen is still the most important product to combat this -
⏺️PIE (Post Inflammatory Erythema) - it's usually pink/red and takes a while to completely get rid of bc these are dilated capillaries under the skin, and according to researches can only be targeted through pulsed dye lasers, and time!
⏺️PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) - the most common form of acne scar, usually brown/light brown in color and a lot more responsive to topical treatments that inhibit melanin production
🌾 #TheOrdinary 10% Niacinamide + 1% Zinc
• This kind of let me down with the fading aspect. It's effective in brightening the skin, but contributes a little to fading specific acne scars.
• In my experience, niacinamide is better at reducing redness but when targeting acne scars, Vitamin C is more of a go-to
• If you're trying to control oiliness, this one does a great job in that aspect.
🍂 #Mesoestetic Ultimate W+ Whitening Essence
• I've talked about how I liked the ingredients of this essence before (niacinamide, arbutin, kojic acid, BHA) and I can really say that it really delivers when fading FRESH acne scars
• I only use this for spot treating as kojic acid can be potent, but it doesn't feel heavy on the skin and I've seen real progress from using this
🌿 #Elujai Propolis Myrrh Ampoule
• It claims to help in fading skin discoloration and with acne, too. For a product that has a lot of claims (including healing), I'm surprised that it really does what it says for a very affordable price
• The effect of this ampoule for me is cumulative, it doesn't seem to do much at first, but once you've used it longer, it's able to deliver. Slow progress but I can see it fading my scars and also shows preventative effects on acne.
🏜️ #MakeUpArtistsChoice Fade Serum
• Ingredient list is kind of similar to the W+ essence, but my favorites for this are licorice root extract and resveratrol
• It's a pale yellow serum and when used in conjunction with other MUAC products, it's able to provide what it claims much faster
• I've seen my acne scars fade through this alone albeit a bit slow..
[CONTINUED IN COMMENT SECTION ↓↓]