It needs the participants to generate words thus enhancing their spelling & vocabulary skills. However, students should understand with the basic rules of the game from the beginning to avoid doing mistakes as 1 mistake might affect the whole game.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The first player combines 2 or more of his/her letters to form a word & places it on the board either across or down with one letter on the center squad. Diagonal words aren't allowed.
2. Complete your turn by counting & announce your score for that turn. Then draw as many new letters as you played; always keep 7 letters on your rack, as long as there are enough tiles left in the bag.
3. Play passes to the left.Then, the 2nd player. In each turn, add 1 or more letters to those already used to form new words. All letters used on a turn must be placed in one row across or down the board to form at least one complete word. If, at the same time, they touch other's letters in adjacent rows, those must also form complete words, crossword fashion with all letters. The player gets full credit for all words formed or modified on his/her turn.
4. New words may be formed by:
Adding 1 or more letters to a word or letters already on the board. By placing a word at an angle to a word already on the board. The new word must use 1 of the letters already on the board or must add a letter to it.
5. Placing a complete word parallel to a word already played so that adjacent letters also form complete words. No tile may be shifted or replaced after it has been played & scored.
6. Blanks: The 2 blank tiles may be used as any letters. When playing a blank, you must state which letter it represents so it remains that letter for the rest of the game.
7. You may use a turn to exchange all, some or none of the letters. To do this, place your discarded letter(s) facedown. Draw the same number of letters from the pool, and then mix your discarded letter(s) into the pool. This ends your turn.
to be continued in the comments