I hate social media.
One, because I’m afraid I’ll work really hard on something and then people will make mean comments about it.
Two, because many social media influencers are not who they say they are, and are in reality excessively mean to other social media influencers and their followers...and sadly, their followers don’t even know it.
For awhile, I debated leaving social media entirely because I have a horrible fear of being bullied, and I see other social media influencers bullying other people from behind the protection of their phone screen. *I’ve actually received very little to no hate on social media, so I’m not sure why I have this gut-wrenching fear of it (possibly from being bullied throughout school)
But in the end, “haters gonna hate” and you all deserve better.
I truly believe that I have some of the best followers on the internet, and each and every one of you are deeply appreciated from the bottom of my heart.
So here’s to conquering my fear of being on social media, and some various things I’ve done since my last post!
Right to left:
1. I booked a Buzzfeed video and it was really cool getting to work in their studios!
It’s on Facebook under Buzzfeed Video and called “Asian Immigrants Discuss Childhood Dreams With Their Children”
My mom is in it 😱
2. They had the Buzzfeed logo on the trash cans and I geeked out.
3. Visited The Scum and Villainy Cantina! A cool dude let me borrow his lightsaber...so that happened.
4. Been getting back into figure skating training!
Finally got my axel back! (One and a half rotations)
5. Tried a double salchow for the first time in over 7 years! (Two rotations)
Knew it wouldn’t land, but pleasantly surprised I made the full 2 rotations 😱
6. First time training with a bo staff! I’m afraid of these...so conquering my fear! Had to go slow 😂
7. Also scared of spinning the staff on an open palm 😰 but I DID IT!
8. I was cast in a film where my head gets chopped off 😬
9. They had to green screen it of course... 10. Xmas photo by @ekwanomical for this year that I was too afraid to post.
Thank you for your support 💕