Tangerine Braised Turkey Legs with Bacon Relish and Whole Wheat Flatbread 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊
4 each turkey thighs
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
1 Spanish onion, diced large
2 medium carrots, diced large
2 tangerines, 1/2” slices
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup red wine (I used Pinot)
1 pint chicken stock
1 fresh herb sachet (thyme, parsley, bay)
For bacon relish:
10 slices bacon, cooked/chopped
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons quality olive oil .
2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
10-12 tablespoons hot water
Vegetable oil for cooking
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Trim, dry (with paper towel) legs and season well. Sear off
legs in heavy bottomed braising pan in grapeseed oil over medium heat, turning to brown evenly.
2) Remove legs from pan and set aside. Drain 1/2 fat from pan.
3) Add onion, carrots, cranberries to same pan. Gently sauté 2 mins over medium heat.
4) Gently nestle legs back in braising pan on top of veg.
5) Pour in wine and deglaze pan, then add stock. Add herb sachet.
6) Cover with lid and place into oven.
7) Make relish while legs cook, by hand chopping bacon and folding remaining ingredients in, thoroughly. Set aside. .
1) Sift and combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2) Add hot water and olive oil.
3) Add kosher salt and begin to form a dough ball before turning out on flat surface to roll out with rolling pin to 1/4 inch.
4) Punch out rounds with clean drinking glass and sear in cast iron pan with additional grapeseed oil until slightly charred and puffy. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside. .
Plate: When legs are cooked through (about 30 mins -/+), remove from pan, scoop small amount of veg into bowls and garnish with bacon relish. Serve with flatbread on the side for sopping up the delicious. 😋🐔🥓
#turkeylegs #braised #cookingathome #dinnerathome #dinnertime #seared #savory #poultry #winterdishes #yum #delicious