when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than i. (psalm 61:2)
this note from @propelwomen was perfect timing for me. maybe it's perfect timing for you too?? 💜
read: if you’re feeling overwhelmed this week, whether it's by the news, world events, family situations, stress at work or just a sense of despair or hopelessness, i want to encourage you to look up. Jesus is right there above the storms and is waiting to pull you up to his perspective and into the safety of his shelter.
here are some practical tips that can help change your mood immediately:
1. read the Word of God. it will give you strength and courage.
2. play some worship music. in His Presence there is fullness of joy.
3. talk to God. prayer helps to change our perspective.
4. gather with believers so they can help strengthen your faith.
5. go out and do some form of exercise. you will feel stronger and better.
6. stop checking your social media so often. you will find peace.
7. turn off the TV and go for a walk outside. God’s creation will remind you that He is still in control.
8. evaluate the voices that are speaking into your life and eradicate the negative ones.
9. go out and do something fun. laughter does good like medicine.
10. find a way to help someone else. it will get your mind off yourself.
what a friend we have in Jesus 💜 He is for us! /// #tbt sunset in matagorda where the skies look very different tonight with hurricane Harvey looming.
#encouragement #goodmood #positivevibes #smile #Godisgood #choosejoy #moodlifter #changeyourmind #sunsets #propelwomen #wisdom #truth #itsallgood