Claypot tofu in spicy bean sauce
A highlight of dinner tonight and definitely a crowd-pleaser. Oh that gravy, it’s so addictive! .
2 firm tofu, sliced into thick slices
150g ground pork
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped red chiili
2 tbsp spicy fermented bean paste
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 cup water
3 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped green onions
1. Heat up cooking oil in wok, pan fry tofu slices until golden brown on each side. Remove from wok, set aside.
2. Transfer the remaining oil from wok to a claypot, add ground pork to stir fry until cooked and loosely separated.
3. Add garlic, red chilli and fermented bean paste to combine. Continue to stir fry for one min, then add water. Add light soy, stir to mix well.
4. Return tofu into claypot, ensure water level is just sufficient cover all the ingredients. Bring to boil then place the lid on to simmer in medium heat for 15 mins.
5. When the gravy is reduced to half, add green onions to garnish. Remove from heat. Best to be served with steamed rice. Enjoy!
#deliciousjen #fujifilm #xt2 #fujifilmsg #foodandwine #feedfeed #thenewhealthy #f52grams #nytcooking #nytfood #foodoftheday #tofu #claypot #claypottofu #recipe