New Recipe! Thai chicken meatballs with sweet potato glass noodles 🤗
I mentioned in my last post I bought lime leaves this week to try something new. There were so many great suggestions and since I have a whole packet to use up I will have to make some more recipes using lime leaves this week! 🍃
These Thai chicken meatballs served on sweet potato glass noodles (dang myun noodles) are so fresh and tasty! It looks like there is a tone of ingredients in this recipe but it makes quite a few servings – I made 14 meatballs in total. Recipe below:
500g chicken mince
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
¼ cup coconut aminos
1 teaspoon coconut sugar
1 tablespoon of your choice of cooking oil
1 packet sweet potato glass noodles (you can usually find these at an Asian grocer)
1 carrot, finely sliced
1 cucumber, finely sliced
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1. In a bowl, combine the mince, garlic, ginger, lime leaves, coriander and mint.
2. Using your hands, roll a tablespoon of mixture into a ball. Continue until you have used all the mixture.
3. Place the meatballs in the fridge for 40 minutes – chicken mince can be hard to work with so this helps them stay together when you cook the meatballs.
4. In a frypan on medium heat, add your cooking oil and meatballs cook until light golden. You may have to do this in a few batches depending on the size of your pan, don’t try and over crowd it, leave enough space between each meatball.
5. Cook the sweet potato noodles as per the packet instructions.
6. To made the dressing combine the lime juice, coconut aminos and coconut sugar.
7. Serve by placing the noodles at the bottom of the bowl, followed by the carrot, cucumber and meatballs. Top with spring onion and fresh coriander and a tablespoon of dressing.
#autoimmuneprotocol #autoimmunepaleo #wellbeing #nourish #jerf #healthyrecipes #eatrealfood #eattherainbow #holistic
#foodismedicine #healthandwellness #healthymeals #autoimmune #aip #nourishyourbody #glutenfreelife