BNFYoga Teacher Feature: Jo Langevin
1. Hometown: Oceanside, NY
2. Favorite food: Peanut Butter
3. Best advice: Embrace the nerves, the butterflies. They’re only there to remind you that what you have in front of you is important.
4. Why did you decide to be a yoga teacher: What was initially a "work-out" for me soon became a "work-in". I realized that every challenge and every joy I faced on the mat directly related to my own life. I soon saw that when heart openers were tough it was because I didn't want to have a tough conversation. When my hips were tight it was because I didn't want to deal with something painful. The very moment I realized that Yoga wasn't contained to the four corners of my mat, my entire life changed. My relationships changed. My priorities shifted. Everything felt connected. And that's when I knew that I wanted to share this practice, both on and off the "mat". My home practice is in the top five loves of my life. At home I get to work on myself. I get to share this practice with my children. And through teaching I get to share it with the world. It's truly the most beautiful and rewarding ripple-effect that I've ever been a part of.
5. One cause that means a lot to you: Prison Yoga Project… Visit - https://prisonyoga.org/ - to support!
6. I AM: a work in progress.
Wednesday 7:30 pm Power & Potential (Warm) Freeport