I had lots of personal growth this year that I considered blogging about but I decided I’d like to keep that closer to the heart. 💖👩🏻💻Instead, here’s the proudest career oriented moments of 2017. My mantra this year was “shoot your shot” I think it’s worked pretty well as 80% of my jobs come from referrals via being extra on social media. May I have a job after graduation in the spring 🙌🏼
1) back in march when my resume went viral after I tweeted it at chance the rapper and he dmed me. it was 9 am on a thursday and i lost my mind, screaming at my roommate to wake up. didn't get the internship but still the best moment of my life.
2) growing @the_lightleaks has given me the most beautiful moments of this year like:
- Lens Flare where 100+ people watched films by female and NB creators
- interviewing Tilane Jones the executive director of ARRAY Now and @Ava's right hand producer
- @hereisgina and @lenawaithe faving tweets
3) this pic with seth meyers is pretty amazing (thank you @LloydBishop/©NBC)
4) I spoke publicly 3 different times this year. I spoke on a Mozilla Firefox panel for internet activism, a Girls Who Code class, and at Drew University for their Latinx cultural club. Each time it was geared towards identity and technology. :')
5) getting my Mason Gross Film Certificate!! Heck yeah!!!
6) directed, wrote, edited, and shot two short films independently (Marina and 2:46 AM) and a docu style short for @adolescentcontent (Touching Up My Roots)
Excited to see what 2018 brings me, hoping to concentrate more on my independent creative work as the Light Leaks has been my main focus this year. Remember ladies, ambition is a good thing!!!