Alonso Guillen, Mexican born "dreamer" left the safety of his home Wednesday, borrowed a boat, and braved the surging waters of hurricane Harvey to rescue those stranded by the flood. He lost his life trying to save his fellow Texans... I think we can all agree he is the kind of young man we want to keep in our country. Below are some ways you can help fight for #DACA .
1. Tweet at the 9 AGs from Texas, Alabama, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Carolina, West Virginia and Arkansas who are threatening to sue the federal government to end DACA.
2. Call and tweet at key members of Congress and demand that they publicly defend DACA.
3. Allies: share a story of how a DACA recipient has positively contributed to this country. Use the hashtag #DefendDACA.
4. On Tuesday morning, call the 9 AGs en masse.
Ken Paxton (TX): 512-463-2100
Steve Marshall (AL): 334-242-7300
Leslie Rutledge (AR): 501-682-2007
Lawrence Wasden (ID): 208-334-2400
Derek Schmidt (KS): 785-296-2215
Jeff Landry (LA): 225-326-6079
Doug Peterson (NE): 402-471-2683
Alan Wilson (SC): 803-734-3970
Patrick Morrisey (WV): 304-558-2021
5. For the most up-to-date info on defending DACA, follow our friends @unitedwedream and sign up for alerts on defenddaca.com.
LET’S BREAK THE INTERNET WITH LOVE AND SUPPORT FOR DACA.