Welcome new friends!!! For those of you new to my instagram, here are a few things about me! I'm Alyssa- a Pittsburgh girl living in Virginia.
1. I'm a leap year baby. I was born February 29th. This may be why I don't feel 37!! 🙈. 2. My son is the driving force behind everything I do. I hope to be the teacher I pray 🙏🏻 my son has. He is a special needs kiddo that has been diagnosed with autism to later be changed to severe sensory processing disorder, with encephalopathy due to ongoing silent seizures as an infant thru toddler. He's the reason I teach primary grades. I want to help kids like him feel successful. 💜💙
3. I struggle each and every day as a teacher with something. I am a realistic teacher that is FAR from perfect and no non sense. Don't expect me to sugar coat anything. If someone says it's always rainbows, something's fishy. 🐠
4. I loose something everyday. Keys🔑, my phone📞, my lunch🍩-my mind mostly. If it weren't for my husband-Id be walking everywhere most days.
5. I HATE 🍌. Seriously hate them. I will run from you if chased by one.
6. I had ZERO sense of style (and didn't care to) 4 years ago. I only owned black and brown and owned ZERO accessories. (Can you imagine?!)
7. I had back surgery in 2012 and had an L5s1 back fusion Jan 2017
8. I LOVE the tv show friends- my husband and I reference it in just about every conversation we have.
9. I wasn't always a teacher. I worked with pulmonary hypertension patients for seven years prior to teaching. I attended college full time while working full time too. I have a masters degree in reading and guided reading is my passion.
10. Im only OCD in my classroom. (Ask my husband) nothing has a particular place at home but if you move my furniture an inch in my classroom, I know it. (Friends tv reference)
Thanks for being here and getting to know me. 💜💙💜💙 what are you most shocked about learning?? #teachermom #newteacher #organizedteacher