I currently have over 100 unanswered DMs sitting in my “request” inbox and most of them are from (young) girls and women saying:
“I hate the way I look and it consumes my life every single day.”
Why is hating our body so mainstream, like, almost expected from us?
Why is it such a crime to actually be chill with the body you have and just let it do it’s thing while you take care of it as best you can?
I want to give you a little comfort and encouragement today if you’re having a rough body image day:
1. I don’t love my body every single day but I have come to love and appreciate what my body does for me every day and that helps a TON. So, even if I get comments like “eww gross!” I don’t care.
2. I happen to know how to pose in a way that makes my body look smaller AND I always include the “real life” version of my body in the same picture, BECAUSE I want you to stop hating your body for not looking like an Instagram body on your explore page. 😘
3. My body is a recovered body, but every recovered body looks different!
Some bodies look exactly like mine, others are smaller, others are larger. And you know what?
IT DOESN’T MATTER 🤗
What does matter is that our bodies are well-fed, happy and healthy.
4. Our bodies fluctuate and change every single day and once you let go of obsessing over your body, you won’t even notice these things anymore, because you will be WAY TOO BUSY living and enjoying your life!
5. Do not compare my posed photo to your real-life body.
Do not compare my rolls to your rolls.
In fact, don’t compare ANY body to your body.
Your body is a masterpiece and its uniqueness is your superpower! 🤗❤️