This morning was tough. Been awake since 4.30am as usual, taught a class and then it was my time to train. Every step on the stair master I was telling myself to just stop. I wanted to go back home and go back to bed. I had those voices in my head saying “stop at 20mins, you don’t need to do this”. Well, I fought back and I smashed my goal of completing what my coach and I set out to do. 35mins complete.
So what is the point to this? What kept me going?
1. I have no reason to stop. I’m perfectly capable of doing this.
2. My goals set in place are achievable and realistic and I can tick off at the end of the day what I accomplished.
3. Tired, emotional and hurting. So what? It’s short term. Fight through it.
4. I’m a mum, gym owner and athlete. If I give up, what does that show to people around me. Quitting is not an option.
5. My health and wellbeing is my priority. I want to be fit and mobile today and tomorrow.
6. Training is my drug of choice. I love the euphoria of accomplishing a workout. It makes me feel alive.
7. Is it easy for me? I’m no different to you. I don’t believe in motivation. I don’t allow the excuses to win.
8. Will I retire? Retire from what? Life?
My list could go on.
So the moral of the story is, if you want something bad enough in life, fight for it. Don’t quit. Just keep going.