🌟Did you know???🌟
Magnesium is responsible for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body and impacts blood pressure, metabolism, immune function and many other aspects of health
There are many reasons why so many people suffer from a magnesium deficiency.
1. Depleted soil conditions which means that the plants (and the meat from the animals that feed on these plants) are lower in magnesium
2. Use of chemicals like fluoride and chlorine in our water supply makes magnesium less available since magnesium can bind with these chemicals.
3. Consuming caffeine and sugar can deplete our bodies of magnesium and
4. Stress (can deplete magnesium levels in the body)
So if you are a low stress person that doesn't eat sugar, doesn't drink caffeine, drinks filtered water and eats foods rich in magnesium then you might be okay but the rest of us might need some added magnesium.
Some of the benefits of having enough magnesium
1. Helps increase Energy
2. Helps Calm Nerves
3. Helps improves Sleep (I like using topical or taking an Epsom Salt Bath)
4. Helps with Digestion and relieve constipation
5. Helps prevent osteoporosis
6. Helps with muscle spasms and cramps
7. Good for Heart Health
So make sure you are eating magnesium rich foods daily such as
Spinach — 1 cup: 157 milligrams (40% DV)
Chard — 1 cup: 154 milligrams (38% DV)
Pumpkin seeds — 1/8 cup: 92 milligrams (23% DV)
Yogurt or Kefir — 1 cup: 50 milligrams (13% DV)
Almonds — 1 ounce: 80 milligrams (20% DV)
Black Beans — ½ cup: 60 milligrams (15% DV)
Just to name a few 🤗