Let’s talk C O N S U L T A T I O N
• • •
Ever have a client who isn’t totally satisfied with the outcome of the service?!
I’ve seen a lot of comments lately about clients being unhappy with results and what stylists should do about it.
Yes, sometimes we have unreasonable clients, but a lot of times it comes down to properly consulting.
Here are some tips to make sure you cover your bases:
Ask the same questions every time. Even if you’ve been cutting their hair for 10 years...
1. Check their haircut interval
(6 weeks? 3 months?)
2. Did they like their last haircut
(try and keep this positive)
3. Find out what products they use
(important for selling retail)
4. Important life events coming up
(vacations, birthdays, etc may altar what you give them)
5. *If you’re cutting it short, check for cowlicks, scars and moles
6. Circle back and summarize everything you discussed.
7. After you cut your initial guide, circle back again to confirm the length is what they were picturing.
*For color, really explain the outcome. Be honest. Under promise and over deliver. Always.