Just a couple things you should know. Tag a friend who should see this✌️ 1. Kanpachi is not baby hamachi. It is in the same family as yellowtail, but a completely different fish.
2. White tuna is technically albacore. The super white tuna most people think of is escolar, which is not a tuna at all. Escolar has an oil in it that humans cannot digest and can cause diarrhea.
3. Uni is not sea urchin roe. They are gonads. Delicious gonads.
4. Freshest is not always best. Eating a tuna on the boat that was literally just caught is not better than eating one that has properly rested so that the meat is tender. Fish that is properly aged can yield a very delicious flavor and texture.
5. Eating/shopping at the busiest places does not always ensure good quality fish. Cheap supermarkets/sushi bars may have a high turnover, but a cheap price tag usually means you’re eating crap fish. If your tuna is neon red I wouldn’t eat it.
6. Sushi does not mean raw fish. It means “sour taste” and refers to the vinegar rice. In Japan fish used to be preserved by means of lacto fermentation.