Happy Sunday Instagram I hope everyone is enjoying the absolutely glorious weather we have been having ☀ A few weeks ago I posted asking if anyone had questions for me regarding my diet or training and I have answered the ones that either were not a one worded answer or the ones that would take a video/ face to face chat. I am surprised with the amount of questions I got and will have to do another "answer post" in the future.
1. What do you do for meal Prep? Once at the beginning of each week I cook my major vegetables and meat (usually yams, ground chicken, and chicken). Every day I cut up fresh veggies/ make salads, and cook breakfast.
2. What are some good snack ideas? In my off season I absolutely love fruit, raspberries, apples and strawberries. I also eat edamame, home made popcorn in coconut oil, rice cakes with PB, protein shakes, protein pancakes are just a few. 3. What are some good at home workouts to shed some weight and get a booty? The easiest way to do both those things at the same time would be resistance training, but if you have no weights at home then I would recommend doing plyometrics 3X a week with cardio as well.
4. Do you have a preference of HIIT or steady state cardio?I actually enjoy steady state cardio, biking, walking and jogging. HIIT I don't mind on a bike but if I had to choose it would 100% be steady state.
5. When will you be competing again? Probably in the spring at a show in the US and my goal is to compete at worlds next summer. I would do a ahow sooner but we are backpacking Nicaragua in November and we have lots of plans/ weddings this summer.
6. How many calories are you eating? Right now I am hitting anywhere from 1500-1800 and by the end of the winter I'd like to be around 2300.
7. Do you recommend cutting carbs out of my diet to lose weight fast? NO. Carbs are your energy. They are what your body uses for fuel, fuel for everyday tasks/ work/ workouts. Using no carb diets are old school and are time and time again being proven to be ineffective long term because eventually you want/ need carbs and the weight will come back. I personally maintain a good weight/look my best on a HIGH carb, high protein 👇👇👇