It's been a while since I posted about what I cook for the day. And to start again, hopefully pag sinipag to continue, here's a recipe that will touch your soul and warm your heart ❤. And because I can't eat anything else as I have undergone two root canal operations yesterday 🤣🤣 Soft food diet for the next weeks!
One of my favorites, Pumpkin (Kalabasa) Soup!
.Chicken Broth - made from boiled chicken with onion, salt, pepper, thyme
.Coconut Milk/All Purpose Cream (either or both. I used both on this recipe)
1. Boil the chicken in medium heat. Use the soup base parts na nabibili sa grocery or palengke. Wag takpan ang lid at may lalabas na parang foam from the chicken. Remove the foam.
2. Add the onion, cut in quarters, salt, pepper and thyme. Reduce the heat if it's already boiling and let it simmer till later.
3. Cook the bacon on another pan. Remove once it has released oil and it's brown.
4. Add the squash, cut into cubes. Sauté for a while then add the chicken broth.
5. Wait for the squash to soften then masg. It's easier if you will use a blender to pulverize the squash, but if you're like me, you can use a strainer and a spatula.
6. Add the cream/coconut milk then let it boil. Add salt/fish sauce if needed.
7. Enjoy it while hot!
#xpph #fujifilm #fujifilmphlifestyle #fuji #23mm #xt10 #ig #igers #igdaily #stories #vsco #vscoph #vscophile #vscocam #food #foodporn #foodstagram #cooking #photo #photography #foodphotography