CrossFit Open 18.1
- 5 min row easy pace
- 60s moderate pace
- 60s easy pace
- 30s moderate-hard pace
- 30s easy pace
- 10 rocks of each version (video 1)
- 20s flexor release (vid 2)
- 20s extensor release (vid 3)
- 15s fist hold (vid 4)
- Kip swings + knee raises + kip swings + knee raises (3+3+3+3)
Watch the videos to ensure you are completing these exercises properly.
Workout Specific Prep
- 4 TTB
- 6 dumbbell hang clean and jerk at workout weight
- 10 cal row
Focus on breathing properly during the movements and efficient transitions.
- Find your pace and keep moving. This workout is light, sets are small and it’s 20 minutes long. It has been designed to allow you to keep moving.
- BREATH! With the exception of the TTB compression, it is easy to breath during these movements. You should not be wasting time breathing heavily during transitions. There are a lot of transitions which means a lot of time to be lost or gained here. As always, set up equipment strategically to allow for fast transition times.
- Use a FAST version of TTB to minimise time under tension gripping the bar. Either the cycling technique or a regular kip with the knees bending up to the chest and then feet flicking out towards the bar. For the majority of you, I wouldn’t use straight leg TTB for this workout.
- Break up the TTB the second grip fatigue starts to sink in. Once your forearms are smoked there’s no going back and in terms of efficiency, it will be better to break up the TTB rather than having to break up the dumbbell movement.
- Play around with different grips for the TTB. Thumb under, thumb over, slightly wider or narrower. Sometimes subtle changes can help to minimise grip fatigue.
Repeating the workout
- If you are going to repeat the workout, particularly if you struggle with pacing, I would recommend working out your average split time for each round completed. When you repeat, try to reduce your average split time but again, do it by staying consistent. Don’t smash your split times early on only to drift way past them in the later rounds.
#jackedgymnastics #crossfit #18.1 #crossfitopen