How many of you have heard the tale , if you are trying to lose weight , don’t eat after 8pm!?? well , that’s just a rumor 😂 Your metabolism never takes a break, even while you sleep. In fact going to bed hungry will leave you waking up with minimal energy, and wonder why they feel like crap despite being on your best diet behavior.
They key is not skipping a snack , but choosing the best snack. Your metabolism never fully shuts down, even overnight. Eating too many calories or bad foods before bed adds fat to your frame, but not all late night snack later on the fat. These six snacks provide quality nutrition that supports fat loss and muscle building, helping you achieve the body of your dreams. Here are some good choices:
1. Cottage cheese and natural peanut butter - Cottage cheese is ideal before bed because it includes lots of casein protein, which releases slowly into the body. This ensures a steady supply of amino acids through the night. Adding natural peanut butter to this snack increases digestion time, enhancing the snack's ability to control hunger
2. Salmon - Salmon is a perfect pre-bed food source because it's high in protein content and contains healthy omega fats.
3. Greek Yogurt With Flaxseeds Like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt is high in protein and packs a calcium punch. Boost the healthy fat content of this low-fat snack with some flaxseeds.
4. Low-Fat Cheese With Raw Veggies- If you crave cheese, this is your pre-bed meal. Regular cheese is high in saturated fat, so opt for a reduced-fat variety with a healthy dose of protein. Cheese is carb-free, making the fat/protein combination just what you're looking for! Include raw green veggies (cucumbers, celery or broccoli) for some negligible calories.
5. Canned Tuna With Olive Oil -Tuna is a great option for people wanting minimal prep work. Canned tuna packed in water is fat free, so it's important to add healthy fats to boost the staying power overnight. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the tuna and serve with a bed of spinach for an iron-packed snack that prepares you for the day to come.
6. A Casein Protein Shake With Coconut Oil- #wshhfitness @thenewclassic sally walker